Friday, January 18, 2013

A heart bursting with gratefulness

This morning as I sang in the shower, the song that came out of was one in which I just kept thanking God for what he has done for me. As I named one thing, two more would pop to mind. How great is our God! I was talking with my sister this morning on skype and we kept naming things we have seen God do in our lives lately. The past season in both our lives has been very challenging and God has been bringing us both to a place of rest and delight in him. We couldn't hang up, because we kept thinking of ways God has blessed us recently. So, in light of all this, I want to name some of those things so that you can join me in praising Him. Here goes:

- This semester I have just been constantly given the opportunity to fellowship with families. I find that being around families is so refreshing.

- I have had the opportunity to start going through the Truth project- a video series intended to be watched with a group of people and then discussed. This has been really encouraging to me.

-I have been more structured and prepared in my classroom, which has given me more time and enthusiasm to fellowship with others, and to spend dwelling in the presence of the Lord.

-This time in which I can be refreshed through my fellowship with others and the Lord has in turn allowed me to be more productive with my work. 

-I have had the awesome opportunity to build friendships that I know are going to strengthen me,  stretch me, and build me up in the next season of my life.

-I have been blessed financially and since coming to Singapore have been able to start paying off my loans, being a part of the expanding of God's kingdom by giving generously to friends serving the Lord in ministry, and putting some money in savings.

-Since May, when I broke my foot, I have been in quite a bit of pain and thought that it would remain that way the rest of my life. However, over Christmas break, my foot had the opportunity to rest and in the two weeks since I have been back it has not been hurting. 

-More and more, I am learning how great a foundation my parents set for me through their teaching and counsel in the word of God.

-I have been blessed by so many friends that were placed in my life at the exact right time, and each for a unique and special purpose.

These and so many more are the praises that cause my heart to be filled with praises to my heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment